Sunday, October 16, 2011

ADGP ROUND 2 (Queensland Raceway) SUNDAY

Hey all,

ADGP ROUND 2 Queensland Raceway (SUNDAY) 16th

We arrived at the track and were literally the first ones there. We setup our whole ADVAN Display stand before another driver even stepped foot in the pits haha. Not long after though it was all about to heat up.. so the car was taken to the wash bay and got a clean up after the crazy storm yesterday Afternoon.

Photobucket


The car was now washed and put back in the pits ready for another pair of Yokohama S Drives 255/35/18's to be fitted up.

Photobucket

I must admit it was really annoying pitting next to Dan with his Hogs breath Advertising all around the place.... Made me so damn hungry for a tough Steak hahaha

Photobucket


With the qualifying results being made I managed to get 9th position. I was really happy with the result as I didn’t think I was getting the track right at all. This means we are now in the Top32 elimination round. Drivers briefing was done and we all know what we had to do for our battles. The girls had also arrived ;)

Photobucket

Team Shot!!!

Photobucket

OK focus, time to line up guys!! haha

Photobucket

Got to admit the girls really do set the look. what do you think??? I think the other photographers agree haha

Photobucket

Time for Top 32 battle and I was up against the (Driftkid). My first run was the lead run and was good enough to give me the advantage. It was now up to me to following Driftkid to take the win. As we entered the first corner he was running really wide and dropped the rear wheel in the dirt, It made his car pretty well stop and go offline. I had no where to go but passed him and the battle was over. I was announced the winner!!

Photobucket

I parked the car up and with the schedule saying we now had a 1 hour lunch break the team went to grab some lunch. I pulled my suit off and tried to cool down a little as the 29 degree humidity was getting to me. I was pumped to have made top 16 and now get to the top end of the field. With the car not missing a beat we were all pumped for a good afternoon.

but as wearing the number 13 goes, I was just about to receive my lunch and the organisers called me out for a re-run???? huh!! (Apparently The other team had protested and weren't happy with the judges decision on the first battle). I was told to get straight out on track without checking over the car or even changing the tyres on the car. The Team were just as confused as I was.

The battle was re-run and I only just lost due to my lead lap having a near spin . It was a shocking way to end the competition for the Team and I was still left wondering what actually happened but it was too late. What’s done is done and I will push harder to make the next event even better.

The car was parked up and put on display, got to love the work Hi Octane Performance Coatings have done in the engine bay.

Photobucket


The girls loved it too :P

Photobucket

Huge thanks to my Team for putting up with the hot humid weather and the crazy pace of the event. ADVAN Australia and Hi Octane racing for making sure the car was perfect as always. And to all my sponsors and supporters. Thanks heaps

Video coming soon

The next event will be Drift Attack at Calder next weekend (OCT 29th) so stay tuned for more updates

Peace
-Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment