Monday, April 9, 2012

D1GP Dream Trip DAY 1

Hey all,

As most would know this is the ultimate Dream Drifting trip for just about anyone that's into Drifting and I'm going to explain it as best I can to you all. Ive been very late on getting this done as I wanted to make it a big video. Due to my hard drive which had all the video content crashing I'm now doing it through my blog/website :( hope you enjoy anyway

Day 1 - Arrival into Tokyo at 7am (9th April 2012)

Alexi the famous Ozzie who lives in Japan was going to be my translator and tour guide. Alexi knows just about everyone so it made life a heck of a lot easier. We didn't mess around and went straight from the airport to EBISU to meet up with Kumakubo-San. EBISU is a good 3 to 4 hour drive from the Airport. Time flew as you could imagine, I was a little nervous about the trip but more excited then anything.

We arrived at Ebisu at found Kumakubo and Suenaga on drift land practicing for the Ninja Show they perform at Odaiba. We said hello and Kuma basically said "please go get yourself fitted up to the GDB Imprezza". It was all a little surreal but off we went.

I was suppose to fit in here fairly easily... Turns out we need to chop a few things up. Change the seat mounts and move the steering wheel closer to me so I could get leg clearance. Oh the joys of being a big tall lanky prick haha



 Just a full catalog spec JUN built EJ25!!! this was tuned for roughly 550PS and is an absolute monster when it comes on boost. I watched enough videos before I came to know what I was in for ;)


Just outside the main Garage where the Team Orange blokes prep the cars was some earthquake damage. You may have seen the pics but it was crazy to think not one car got damaged while they fell off the side of the mountain :/ very lucky



For the first day I just Walked around out of peoples way as they were busy getting the cars ready for the weekends D1GP event. I figured I'd wait till they had a spare moment before I started hassling them with questions they may not have wanted to hear...


While I was walking around this Japanese dude rolled in with this awesome looking JZX100. Just dropped by after work for a quick drift around EBISU... Was falling in love with this place way too quickly


Oh and it had the noise to back up its looks. Sounded so damn angry, was awesome!!!


Suenaga-San's Evo 10 is so awesome... If only everyone knew exactly what has been done to this car.... ;)

Really couldn't wait to see how these guys went. Training day before the event is going to be fun!!!



Not short of a few ADVAN NEOVA's hey????


While we waited around for a bit Alexi wanted to go see his Missile car, they had a few down the back lol....

Once we finished off talking about random stuff "they all talked and I pretended I could understand them", Kumakubo-San took Alexi and I down to his local restaurant. He was real keen on the dessert hahaha.... Thanks for taking me under your wing Kumakubo-San :)


Kumakubo - "Tomorrow we will do some driver training in the Drift School S14 and see how good this Squid really is"

No comments:

Post a Comment